The Lappeenranta Church was inaugurated on 12 August, 1924. The Church was initially built as a garrison church for the Orthodox Church. The Christ on the Cross altar piece is a work by Ilmari Launs, from 1924. The red-brick church is located in a beautifully scenic spot, amidst what are known as Nicholas’s Embankments. The church is an example of typical neo-Byzantine architecture.
Services and concerts are held at the church. The church is open to the public in the summer and at other times, on request.